I can’t take full credit for the recipe. It was born of out boredom, hunger, and a ripe avocado. It came to be using the only ingredients available at the time. Strangely enough, the flavours and textures come together to create a guacamole unlike any I have ever had before!
My co-worker Jordan is the mastermind behind this delicious dip, hence the naming of the recipe. Miraculously, I was able to whip up a quick batch of Lavash Flatbread to go with the delicious guacamole; the two went together like peanut butter and jelly. Keep in mind that you can eat the dip with anything you wish; store-bought crackers (I like Mary’s), homemade veggie burgers, a spoon, your fingers (clean).
Yield: Approx. 3 cups
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 large or 4 small ripe avocado flesh (about 1 1/2 c.)
- 1/4 c. red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 c. red pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 c. celery, finely diced
- 2 -3 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped (to taste)
- 2 tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- optional: cayenne, salt, pepper to taste
- Remove flesh from avocados and place in a bowl.
- Chop vegetables, lemon juice and walnuts and add to bowl with avocado. Mash with a fork until avocado is mostly smooth and ingredients are incorporated.
- Stir in dill and spices gradually until desired taste is achieved.
- Enjoy immediately or store covered in the fridge for up to 2 days (give it a stir before serving).
Sometimes the best things in life are unplanned and spontaneous. For example, babies (as I said, sometimes), that muffin calling your name at the café, and definitely this guacamole!