Sweet Beet Dip
This recipe is a prime example of a happy kitchen accident; that and a seriously sparse pantry.
My lovely parents are visiting my siblings and I for some
grocery shopping quality time today, and my empty kitchen I can’t wait to see them. In all seriousness though, this dip is GOOD. It almost makes me wish I had limited food items for often; it tests my creativity.
- Gather available items
- Determine what might go well together
- Add items together using desired kitchen appliance
- Eat and hope it tastes good
Sweet Beet Dip
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: blender food processor appetizer snack gluten-free nut-free vegan vegetarian wheat-free soy-free beets tahini white beans
Ingredients (Approx. 2 c.)
- 1 15.oz can (or 1.5 cups dried and cooked) white beans (navy or cannelini)
- 1 small beet (approx 1/2 c.) roasted and roughly chopped
- 1/3 c. dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp. dried or fresh herbs (eg. thyme, basil, parsley)
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 1/4 c. water
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp neutral oil (eg. safflower)
Wash and wrap beet in tinfoil. Roast at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
Remove beet from oven, chop roughly and place in blender or food processor with remainder of ingredients.
Blend until smooth. Serve with veggies and crackers.
Voila! A delicious beet dip that is a perfect pair to crunchy veggies or crispy crackers. Easy, beautiful, and delicious. Just don’t wear white as you’re chowing down