h e l l o !
Welcome to hello, veggy! I started this blog as a way to exercise my love of writing, and passion for delicious food and fun times! This site is mainly an outlet for me to do this, as well as a way to share these wonderful things with my friends (that’s you!).
1. My name is Suzanne, which means ‘graceful lily’ in Hebrew. This is ironic since I am neither Jewish nor genus of plant.
2. I am a Canadian girl born and raised in Toronto, Canada, and currently residing in my second home of Kingston, Canada. I fulfil the Canuck stereotypes of being a maple-syrup loving, eh-saying citizen, but I dislike poutine and have never ridden on a polar bear.
3. Wherever I go, I am attracted to bodies of water. Despite this, I was never able to pass level 6 in swimming lessons.
4. I do a lot of yoga. I also have little fashion sense (i.e. plaid-on-plaid). I also really enjoy running, and am training for my first half-marathon this May.
5. I am finishing up my undergraduate nursing degree, yet I have an aversion to hospitals (health promotion all the way!)
6. I have an irrational fear of flying animals, especially butterflies and birds; they’re too unpredictable!
7. I eat a mostly whole-foods, plant-based vegan diet, and all the recipes on hello, veggy! reflect this. Adopting this lifestyle was pivotal (along with yoga) in helping me overcome an eating disorder.
8. I love to read and write. I never go anywhere without a pen, notebook, and a book (or two!)
9. My childhood fantasy job was to become an astronaut. I’m secretly still holding out.
10. I am over the moon that you are reading this right now
I hope you enjoy reading the blog as much as I enjoy writing it!